Things to look for before calling for service
- Check breakers - Did a breaker trip?
- Check filter - Is it clogged?
- Are the fan motors blowing? Indoor and outdoor
- Are there any strange odors?
- Any strange noises?
Your hvac unit is a major investment in your home. Over time units can develop dirty coils, motors can overheat and can have a lack of refrigerant. All of these problems can lead to efficiency loss. We suggest preventative maintenance to ensure the best performance possible.
- Change the filter once a month - Dirty, clogged filters reduces air flow and pumps the air your breath full of allergens.
- Have a digital thermostat installed - Set your thermostat to run less when you are away from home. This can save you money on your energy bill.
- Have you hvac system serviced by a professional at least once a year (Twice a year is best because of seasonal change).
MAINTAINING YOUR HVAC UNIT